Does it support resume download?

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Does it support resume download?

My internet supplier often have connection problem, if it can continue to download after my connection broken , it will be good.

Thank you!!!

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 7:02 AM

Partially, check here: http://mdownloader.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Hostings%20matrix&referringTitle=Home

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I have another problem

When I download from Uploading.com

The file  is original 200+MB

When it said I have finished downloading the file, it shows 0.00MB

Why would this happen?

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Probably bug. Try to redownload it. And if it can't be downloaded, please attach or send me the link.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I've try many times already

the link is

http://uploading.com/files/818ffcmm/Javx.net_IPTD484.avi.001/

I've even try to download from the uploading directly but everytime it when it come to 50% sth, it will lost connection.

I wonder is the server problem or what

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 11:52 AM

The link seems to work. Application correctly recognized file with size 450MB. I didn't downloaded it, but simulated resumption from 50% and server allowed me to resume the link. If the problem is that MDownloader recognizes it as 0MB size file - try to remove it and queue it again. I understood that you can't downloaded file using browser and you can't download file using MDownloader because of bad size (0MB). I think if you queue file successfully and it starts downloading, it will be resumable and server will allow you download it.

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:45 PM

MDownloader recognizes it as 450MB at the begining, but when it start download for a while, it will say that u've completed and the total sized become 0MB, I redownload 3 times it still happen.

And it cannot be resumed because MDownloader treat the file as already finished

And the file downloaded cannot be open because it is 0MB.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I am not sure why this happens. I can't reproduce it. But I have completely changed it in next version, so I think it will work. Be patient I hope to release next version till next year.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I hope current version 0.12.0 will help you.

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:50 AM

O thank you very much