This project is read-only.

Provider download list

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM

First of all, I'd like to say I really love your tool, adma. It has worked flawless for me.

There is however a feature I'd like to see in it.

Is it possible to split up the download list per provider? Like you could have a series of tabs (one per provider) and under each tab the list of downloads for that provider?

If you have a file to download and you can choose from different providers, it would be nice to choose to which provider list you would like to add the download, depending on the amounts already on the different lists.

It's quite hard to do that at the moment when all downloads from all different providers are just in one list.

I hope you get what I mean.

Grtz,
Hurricane

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Hi,

I understood that you want to divide downloading list by providers. You want to achieve some kind of grouping. Maybe should I extend grouping mechanism and allow users to group by providers? But what if file has more than one provider? Should it be visible in many groups or tabs?

I don't understand why you want to manually assign file with multiple providers to the one provider and resign from downloading it from another sources. I hope that current scheduler implementation and future scheduler improvements correctly decide which provider should be used to download each file. Maybe I should improve it if I doesn't work as you wish.

I would like to mention that in next version will be available download acceleration which can change your opinion about your suggestions.

Best regards,
adma

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Where I'd like to get to is to be able to stop/start the different download lists per provider.

When the file has more than one provider, you could display them in both the lists, although I've never met a file before with multiple providers?

Maybe I'm confusing provider with download site, because what I exactly mean is a list for let's say Rapidshare.com, another for MegaUpload.com, ...

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Check out following link: http://avaxhome.ws/music/pop/video.hits.the.number.ones.3cd.2009.boxset.html. There are three files and each of them was uploaded to two providers. MDownloader can detect similar interchangeable files and use it alternately.

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Ok, I get what you mean by different providers.
Am I right thinking that whenever MDownloader starts the download of a certain file, checks a provider and when that's busy it will try a second one if available?

I still think there can be a benefit of having a list of files to download per provider and being able to stop/start each list seperately.
You already have a same idea with the different logs.