Possible Integration with Rapid8 and/or similar?

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Hi, I just downloaded this program and saw a lot of potential. Thanks for creating this cool app! I specially like the multiple proxy feature, which other downloaders like JDownloader lack. This enables reconnections and multiple connections to hosting sites like rapidshare, right? Well, I found a site called rapid8.com that can "create premium links" for multiple hosting sites, and allows speedy simultaneous downloads and even multi-threading (I think). Would it be possible to somehow tap into this free service? Something like: send a rapidshare/megaupload/etc. file link to their site, wait a few seconds, retrieve a "premium link" for the file, then start downloading from that link. I would try to help with this, but I haven't learned .NET C# yet. I'm downloading mdownloader's source code right now :-). Other features that would be nice are: [1] option to NOT minimize to system tray and/or completely remove the tray icon (saves tray space for people who have too many tray icons) [2] an autoupdate feature, maybe just using SVN and TortoiseSVN or something [3] capability to execute multiple commands before/after a/all download/s (to enable execution of a command to extract downloaded multipart rar files, etc.) [4] a plugin system for people who don't know C#, maybe using dll files, external tools, etc. [5] a link detection system, through the clipboard and/or a browser plugin [6] options to add/remove some/all toolbar buttons and tabs [7] some kind of notification system about waiting times before file download (maybe make the downloads interface a bit more like JDownloader's) [8] beautify the speedmeter tab (not important) :-). I would be happy to help in any way I can to achieve any of the above. I can use any development/programming I do to help in my thesis. I'm a computer engineering student specializing in computer networks and programming. Many thanks for reading my lengthy post :-).