Not able to retry once the downloading has failed

May 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I have a problem with my internet connection that it sometimes is disconnected for a while due to power failure.

The windows keeps on redialing the connection until it is connected to internet again. But MDownloader doesn't. I mean once the internet is disconnected all the queued downloads are failed and on connecting again the they don't resume...

Is there any way it can be fixed? I mean once there is no internet it should keep on trying to connect to the site until it does...

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Probably you need to reenable sources in each item details and start all items again. I think the progress is not lost, and if the sources are resumable it should work. I will try to intercept connection-lost event and handle it properly.

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 7:48 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Yeah u r rite... The progress isnt lost and it can be enabld. But see if i have queued like 15-20 links than once they fail i hav to go into the properties and enable each one INDIVIDUALLY! thats really anoying... Please try to fix it...

Also another thing... You cant select several queued links by clik n drag method. i know i can hold ctrl key and then clik every link i wanna select but thats really hectic too... May be you can fix this aswell in coming versions...

But overall i must say 'Thumbs up'... Best downloader i v eva used